Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Obituary

I decided to cover the obituary story. For an obituary, some basic information that you would need is the name and age of the deceased, date and place of death, cause of death, accomplishments, and details about the funeral service. In order to find out about the cause of death, you might visit the hospital and speak with the doctor who pronounced him dead. You may also find out the date of his death. To obtain personal information about President Caret, you may want to talk to family members and friends. If they are willing, they might tell you the details about the funeral service. Some other information that you may want to obtain are education and survivors, meaning people that he is leaving behind like a wife and kids.

Some challenges that I might have to deal with involve talking to his family and friends. They may not want to talk because they were too grief-stricken or any other reasons. In order to get my story, I would need to find other means of getting the information. I could ask random people if they have heard of him and would they be willing to share information about him. Of course, I would have to check out what they are saying because it may or may not be true.

In addition to the story, the paper could publish an online obituary which features slide shows and recent news stories about him. They could also provide a link to his official website or have a timeline of his life. They could also show video of the deceased as words are being narrated about him.

No comments: