Sunday, April 6, 2008

Feature Story

Things are not going so well for me. I tried contacting the guy I talked to the other day to see if he could help me find some other people that I could interview, but I haven't gotten a response yet. One of the other programs I emailed responded by saying that they were too busy and that I should contact someone else in the program (which I did), but I haven't gotten a response from them either. I've been in panic mode all weekend because I don't know how I'm going to get this done if people won't respond to me. Just in case I do the NIH Loan Repayment Program, here is a rough draft of my feature lede:

Most college graduates worry about finding a job and a place to live. Paying off student loans shouldn't be one of those things.

With The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Loan Repayment Programs research scientists are able to further their career while paying off student loans. In exchange for a two to three commitment to their research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of their qualified education debt. 

No comments: